Ganesha , also known as Ganapati and Vinayaka, is one of the best-known and most worshipped deities in the Hindu pantheon His image is found throughout India Hindu sectsworship him regardless of affiliations. Devotion to Ganesha is widely diffused and extends to Jains, Buddhists, and beyond India.
Although he is known by many attributes, Ganesha’s elephant head makes him easy to identify. Ganesha is widely revered as the remover of obstacles, the patron of arts and sciences and the deva of intellect and wisdom. As the god of beginnings, he is honoured at the start of rituals and ceremonies. Ganesha is also invoked as patron of letters and learning during writing sessions. Several texts relate mythological anecdotes associated with his birth and exploits and explain his distinct iconography.
Ganesha emerged as a distinct deity in the 4th and 5th centuries CE, during the Gupta Period, although he inherited traits from Vedic and pre-Vedic precursors. He was formally included among the five primary deities of Smartism (a Hindu denomination) in the 9th century. A sect of devotees called the Ganapatya arose, who identified Ganesha as the supreme deity. The principal scriptures dedicated to Ganesha are the Ganesha Purana, the Mudgala Purana, and the Ganapati Atharvashirsa.
Kanipakam, Chittoor Distt
Kanipakam Vinayaka Temple or Sri Varasidhi Vinayaka Swamy Temple is a Hindu temple of Ganesha. It is located in Kanipakam in Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, India.This historic temple is in Kanipaakam in Irala Mandal, Chittoor District. It is about 11 km from Chittoor town.
The swayambhu idol of Kanipakam known as the up-holder of truth. Disputes are solved between people is resolved by taking a ‘special oath’. The people in the dispute take a holy dip in the temple tank and swear before the lord. It is taken as gospel truth.
There are instances when the person who committed that sin voluntarily agrees as soon as he had the dip and much before entering the temple itself. It seems the Lord lawns invisibly on the sinner and makes him repent and feel guilty for his sinful deeds.
Biccavolu Maha Ganapathi
- Sri Maha Ganapathi Temple, Sapthagiri Colony, Vedayapalem, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India – 524004
- Sri Varasiddhi Vinayaka Temple, Secunderabad
- Sri Sakthi Ganapathi Devalayam, Kothi, Hyderabad
- Sakshi Ganapati Temple at Srisailam Temple complex
- Dodda Ganapati at Lepakshi Temple complex
- Lakshmi Ganapati Temple at Road No:8, S V Nagar, Nagaram, Hyderabad-500083
- Khandoba temple,Khandepar ,Goa,India
- Bandiwade-ponda: Bandiwade, Ponda, Goa, India
- Sri idagunji maha ganapathi, Honnavara, karnataka, India
- Punchamukhi Ganesha Temple
- Banaswadi Main Rd, Subbannaiah Palya, Banasawad
- Shree Maha Ganapathi Temple, Lakkasandra, Bangalore, Karnataka
- GDP Temples, Shimoga, Karnataka, India
- Ganapati Temple, Pernankila, Udupi District Karnataka, India
- Anegudde Sri Vinayaka Temple, Anegudde, Udupi district, Karnataka, India
- Sharavu Mahaganapathy Temple, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
- Dodda Ganesha Temple, Basavanagudi (near Bangalore), Karnataka, India
- Shri Sunder Vinayak, Pratishthanam (near Bangalore), Karnataka, India
- Madhur Mahaganapathi Temple near the town of Kasaragod, in Kasaragod district, Kerala, India
- Ganapathi Temple in Kottarakkara, Kerala, India
- Malliyoor MahaGanapathi Temple, Malliyoor, Kottayam, Kerala, India
- Sree MahaGanapathy Temple, Panniyali, Omalloor, Pathanamthitta, Kerala
- Maha Ganapathi Temple, Ganapathivattam, Sulthan Batheri, Wayanad, Kerala
- Maha Ganapathi Temple, Pampa, Kerala
- Iswaramangalam Ganapathi Temple, Kerala
- Edappally Ganapathy temple, Kochi, Kerala
- Velam Ganapathi temple, Mayyil, Kannur, Kerala
- Suryakalady Maha Ganapathi Temple, Nattassery, Kottayam, Kerala
- Ganapathi Temple, Pazhavangadi, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala,
- Ganapathi Temple, Vazhappally Mahadevar Temple Complex, Changanassery, Kerala, India
- Pazhavangadi Mahaganapathi Temple,Thiruvananthapuram city,Kerala,India.
- Puthumana ganapathy Temple, Thuruthi, Changanassery, Kerala, India
- Avarma Mahaganapathi Temple (Mangatkottaram), Peruva, Kottayam Dist.
- Dashabhuja Temple in Pune, Maharashtra at Paud road
- Maha Ganapati Rajur in Jalna district – One of 21 Ganesh pith in India
- Laksh Vinayak Verul (near Ellora caves) Aurangabad – One of 21 Ganesh pith in India
- Ashtavinayak, a group of eight Ganesha temples around Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Girijatmaja Vinayak Temple, Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Siddhivinayak Temple, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Siddhivinayak Mahaganapati Temple, Titwala, Maharashtra, India
- Chintamani Temple, Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Ganapatipule Ganapati Temple, Ganapatipule, district of Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, India
- Tekadicha Ganapati Temple, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
- Shri SiddhiVinayak Temple, Prabhadevi (near Mumbai), Maharashtra, India
- Mahagnapati Temple, Wai, District of Satara, maharashtra, India
- Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Temple, Pune
- Shree Navshya Ganapati, Nashik, Maharashtra
- Sri Maha Ganapathi Temple, Ganapathi Agraharam, Tamil Nadu
- Karpaka Vinayakar Temple, Pillayarpatti (near Madurai), Tamil Nadu, India – Where Lord Ganesha is worshiped in his Swayambu Form. He is known as Karpaga Vinayagar.
- Rockfort Ucchi Pillayar Temple, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India
- Puliakulam Mundhi Vinayakar Temple,Puliakulam,Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. The idol of the Lord Ganapathy in Puliakulam, was Asia’s Largest idol.
- Eachan Ganapathi Temple, Ganapathi Agraharam, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Vijaya Ganapati Temple, Ullagaram (near Chennai) Tamil Nadu, India – Vijaya Ganapati means “The victorious Ganesha”. Ullagaram Vijaya Ganapati
- Sri Kariya siddi ganapathy, Natham Village,Panchetty Post, Chennai 601204
- sri kani Vaangiya Vinayagar(sri vilvanatheeswarar temple), Thiruvalam, vellore dt
- Shenbakkam Vinayaka Temple, near vellore new flyover, about 5 km from vellore bus stand—A temple worshipped by periyavar of kanchi kama koti peetham—sree sree sree chandra sekharendra saraswathi swamy. Sri Ganesha is in a nirakara swaroopam here. The god is worshiped in his 14 incarnations.
- Shree Ganesh Mandir, Jhansi (U.P.) India Jhansi
- Siddha Binayak Pitha, Panchama, near Berhampur city, Ganjam, Orissa, India (600 year old Pitha)
- Sri Sri Sri Sidha Binayak Pitha, Berhampur, Ganjam, Orissa, India
- Ganesh Tok Temple, Gangtok, Sikkim, India
- Shri Subha Siddhi Vinayaka Mandir, Pkt-4, Mayur Vihar I, Delhi-91
- Sree Vinayaka Mandir, Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi, India (Siddhi Buddhi Sametha Karpaka Vinayakar)
- Karunya Mahaganapathi Temple, Mayur Vihar Phase II, Delhi
- Sri Siddhi Vinayakar Temple, Sector 5, Bhilai
- Ekambareswarar temple is located at the northern part of city (Shiva kanchi) Kanchipuram.
- Siddhi Vinayagar is the Presiding Deity and surrounded by Lord Rama, Lord Kalyana Subramanyar,Goddess Durga, Nartana Vinayaka, Lord Dakshinamoorthi, Lord Vishnu, Lord Brahma,Lord Chandikeswara, Navagrahas, Lord Nataraja and Sri Hanuman